9/16/13

Born Free 5

Let me start by saying, I knew it was going to be hot. I checked the weather for Silverado, CA, and it was set for 106 degrees. I start to melt at 80 degrees! It's not cool to be a bitchy chick when it comes to a bit of heat, so I got myself a dress and a case of water and we headed out. I knew I couldn't miss out on a great bike show just because I don't like being uncomfortable. 

As soon as we headed up Santiago Canyon Road, we came to a complete stop. "Maybe theres an accident ahead?", I thought. An hour later, no accident, just a shit load of people trying to get to the same place. As all the bikes rolled passed, I contemplated hitching a ride, but I couldn't leave Matt there in good conscious. The air conditioning and snacks kept me from losing my mind, and the thought that we weren't alone in this, made it okay. Deciding to post a photo on Instagram, I scrolled through my feed and saw, we really weren't alone! Seeing the photos of what was ahead of us, and feeling sorry for those who were behind, kept my mind off the passing time. "Hey, there's the guy playing drums!"

Once we pulled in, it was perfect timing for an ice cold beer. Just then I felt the heat and the dust...I've been living too comfortably by the beach. I grabbed my shit and we headed in, all those beautiful bikes await. The smell of the exhaust and the rumble of the engines, whose heart wouldn't race? Then the 'tall boy', turned into a 'warm boy'. With a quick buzz I hit the nearest Porto Potty (I was in the car for over 3 hours, after all). This dress was too fucking long and cumbersome for an outdoor toilet! After asking Matt to keep watch and as I'm pulling up my panties, some guy opens the door for the world to see me in my glory! I knew I was going to be drinking a lot of water, but that kinda steered me clear of the potty for awhile.

"Damn it's HOT!", is all I can think as we walk around. Just then, we came across our friend Dustin of Helldorado. He is a fucking genius! He put misters up all around his booth, I was never so relieved in my life! After cooling off, I could do another round and check things out. I started to get light headed, but heat stroke or not, I can say that I pushed through and enjoyed myself. This show never disappoints and judging by the traffic, everyone knows it. 

Now you know that I'm a big baby, but I'll be back next year, I'll just prepare a lot better!